Sick Of Eating The Same Boring Crap? Here’s A Super Easy High Protein Quesadilla Recipe
The following recipe is one of my favorite meals to eat when I feel like everything that I’m eating has become monotonous. This super easy, high protein quesadilla can be made in about 10 minutes but the results will be top notch, I can promise you that! (Just don’t burn it and you’ll be ok.)
This recipe is highly customize-able so feel free to add in anything your heart desires!
- Tortilla (Low-carb Version Optional)
- 4 oz. Of Pre-cooked & Pre-seasoned Chicken Or Steak
- Spanish Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Jalapeños (Optional)
- Taco Sauce Of Your Choice (Optional)
- Defrost 4-8 oz. of pre-cooked chicken or steak for 1-2 quesadillas.
- Once your meat defrosts, place a griddle and a skillet on your stove top and get all your ingredients ready to be placed into the quesadilla. You’ll stack the quesadilla as it cooks to save time.
- Cut your Spanish cheese into thin slices so that it melts easier and allows your quesadilla to have a thin profile.
- Light the burners under your skillets and throw your meat into the skillet (preferably with the lid on top so you can save time stirring and just give it a light toss every once in a while).
- As the meat begins to heat up, place half of your tortilla onto your griddle (hold onto the other half) as you begin to place your cheese down.
- Grab your skillet and pour about 4 oz. of your now warmed up meat into the tortilla and evenly spread it across the bottom half of your tortilla.
- At this time, sprinkle in more cheese and your other optional ingredients. In this case, I used jalapeños and taco sauce for more flavor.
- Make sure to check the bottom of the tortilla to see how it’s doing and ensure that you’re not burning it. Once it’s finished on one side, flip it over and crisp up the other side of the quesadilla.
- Remove your freshly made quesadilla from the griddle and serve it however you like it!
This high protein quesadilla is simple, easy to make and decently healthy. If you’re just starting out eating healthy you can use full carb tortillas and as time progresses you can cut calories in the meal by gradually choosing lower calorie tortillas.
Cheese is obviously high in calories because of it’s fat content so try and limit the amount of cheese that you use.
Since this recipe uses only pre-cooked and pre-seasoned meat it’s perfect for just about anyone to make, since you don’t need to know how to cook meat properly (not a lot of people do really).
Try it out and let me know what you think, it’s definitely one of my favorite meals!